The Journey to the Top!

Photo+Credits%3A+Annette+Humphreys%0ATaylor+Humphreys+sings+a+solo+at+a+choir+concert+at+the+end+of+the+2016+Spring+Semester+
Photo Credits: Annette Humphreys
Taylor Humphreys sings a solo at a choir concert at the end of the 2016 Spring Semester

Photo Credits: Annette Humphreys Taylor Humphreys sings a solo at a choir concert at the end of the 2016 Spring Semester

Eliana Quiocho, Reporter

Hardworking, enthusiastic, and encouraging- senior Taylor Humphreys has worked her way to the top of the choral program from the start of her high school career. Humphreys is currently enrolled as a soprano in Chamber Singers- the honors choir for juniors and seniors, but she has participated in every choir leading up to her acceptance to the top of the choral pyramid.

Humphreys said, “It feels really good starting from square one, and getting to where you want to be.”

Throughout high school, Humphreys has worked hard to get to where she wanted to be. She has won three awards for her efforts in choir, and it encourages her to keep striving for achievement.

“It’s encouraging and great to be acknowledged for something that you love to do,” Humphreys said.

The acknowledgement that Humphreys has received is from Mark Lanford, the former conductor of Clovis High’s choral program. According to Lanford, Humphreys has a wonderful music ability.

“It was an honor to have had her as a student,” said Lanford. “I valued her courage and persistence.”

Additionally, Humphreys has received recognition from Kathy Blumer, the current conductor of Clovis High’s choral program.

Blumer said, “She has a beautiful voice, and is a wonderful part of the soprano section.”

This appreciation has made her journey of success easier to achieve, along with the support of friends. Humphreys said she has made most of her friends from her freshman year in choir, and those friends have treated her like family. Her friends that Humphreys has made throughout the years share a mutual admiration for the soprano singer.

Dallas Jimenez said, “Taylor is an amazing friend, and she takes leadership in class.”

“It has been a lot of fun being with her in class every day,” said Corinne Gregory. “She’s a strong soprano, and she is very helpful.”

Humphreys will continue to offer help and encouragement in Chamber singers for the duration of the year. The senior finally gets to enjoy the honor of participating in the choir that she has worked hard to be a part of.

Humphreys said, “I look forward to being together, and experiencing with the choir.”