The Royal Disney Carnival

Allyson Dyck, Reporter

The Disney Club at Clovis High School put on a carnival at Pasa Tiempo Park on Saturday October 29 to help raise money so it can send its Make-A-Wish child Jake, who is battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia go to Disney World.

The carnival hosted games, face painting, a cake walk, and other activities for guests to come and help support Jake.

Vice President of the club, Mackensie Dolph, is actively involved in her community and is excited about helping raise money for Jake. Putting on the carnival for Jake is not Dolph’s first time helping at an event like this, and she is no rookie when it comes to helping others.

“I do a lot of charity work,” said Dolph, “When we take all the can [foods] at Clovis High, then take them to that warehouse and sort them, I always have fun at that.”

Although Dolph has had a lot of experience with charity work, this event was club president Heathur Autry’s first time putting on an event for charity.

“This is the first thing I’ve ever done that’s anything like this,” Autry said.

Even though this is Autry’s first time organizing a charity fundraiser, she has hopes and dreams for her new club.

“I knew I wanted to do a community service for the club and I knew from the beginning when I started the club that I wanted to do something with Make-a-Wish,” said Autry, “I knew I wanted to do something to raise money and I thought more people would get involved with a carnival.”

The club raised $157 to support Jake on his quest to go to Disney World. Disney club advisor Emily Wolfe said, “We don’t have a goal, we’re hoping for anything.”

Wolfe explains more about the plans for this new club when she said, “This is the first year of the club and this is our first fundraiser so far but we’re hoping in the future to do more.”