A Night Under the Stars

Faith McKesson, Reporter

Grab your dresses and tuxedos because winter formal is right around the corner. Upper and lowerclassmen alike will pack into Clovis High’s north gym for “A Night Under the Stars” on February 3 for dancing, snacks, and good company.

Since the beginning of the new school year, planning for the big night has riled up Clovis High lowerclassmen.

Activities director Stacy Lazzari said, “our sophomore class has been planning for the last four months.”

“The early phases always start with the theme, the DJ, and then the decorations.” said Lazzari.

Transforming the north gym into a celestial field undoubtedly takes a bit of effort.

“Setting up will be a two-day process for [leadership],” said Lazzari, “February 2 we do the bare bones and set up chairs, then Saturday we start putting up decorations.”

With the newly introduced contract for all student attendees, will the check-in process become more tedious?

“The contract isn’t going to be changing anything,” said Lazzari, “[the contract] is just a way of communicating student expectations to the parents.”

After students get checked-in at the door, the festivities take place immediately.

The night will be full of firsts for Clovis High junior and queen nominee Triana Vang.

“I never attended the winter formal before,” said Vang,” I saved it for my senior year!”

As a first time attendee, Vang almost seemed shocked about her crown nomination.

“My recent nomination was a complete surprise,” said Vang, “It has made the night even more special.”

With both upper and lowerclassmen having the ability to attend formal, the night will provide ample opportunities to make memories.