Join the Cougar’s Growl Staff and Become a Reporter Next Year!

Justin Lowery, Reporter

Although the second semester of the school year started just over a month ago, summertime will be here in the blink of an eye and students will move on to their next year of education or enter into the “real world”.

For the current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors that will be returning to the Clovis High campus next year, class registration will be arriving in the coming weeks and decisions about courses next year must be made.

As you spend time choosing your future courses, I would like to implore you to consider applying to become a journalist and join the Cougar’s Growl next year.

Journalism is a very exciting course and would help build many social skills to prepare you for whatever challenges life may throw at you in the future.

The workload for Journalism is more than manageable, as reporters are asked to produce four story ideas and finish three articles during a three to four week cycle.

These stories can be about political events, news events, sporting events, and even reviews on music or movies. The main goal is to inform the students of Clovis High of important events that are going on around them and how it can directly relate to them.

For the students that may be nervous about the workload or the introverts that are too scared to join the class because they would have to interview strangers, there is no need to worry.

Personally, I was very skeptical about the need to go out and interview students and teachers that I did not know. However, the more I interviewed, the more comfortable I became and my social skills have grown a lot since joining the class.