New Clovis Track Club

Emma Streich, Reporter

Clark Intermediate coach Mark Prandini will be the head coach of the new Central Valley Elite Track and Field Club.

The club will hold practices every Monday at the Clovis High track and every Wednesday at Veterans Memorial Stadium 5:00-7:00 pm for the months of April, May, June, and July.

With the dispersion of the popular Jets Track and Field Club, this new club is open to all athletes from 3rd grade to 12th grade. The Fresno Flyers and Valley Vipers track clubs are still in full swing.

While on the Clovis High track team, athletes are not allowed to be apart of a club track until season is over. This rule makes this new club team appealing because they do not start until June 11 for high school aged athletes.

For elementary school aged athletes they start April 2 and middle school aged athletes the starting date is April 18.

The track club will compete in several meets, mainly throughout summer, in hopes of some athletes qualifying for the USATF Hershey’s National Junior Olympic Track And Field Championship which will take place in Greensboro, North Carolina from June 23 to the 29.

The athletes must compete and qualify via specific meets across California to make it to North Carolina.

Other coaches include: Ashante Horsley – sprints, Billie Childs – sprints and jumps, Carlo Prandini – sprints and jumps, Dave Sutherland – throws, Greg Greenman – hurdles, Mark Prandini – throws, and Megan Marvin – distance.