Clovis High Boys Double Team will Compete at the Individual Tournament

Natalie Jones, Reporter

Senior Nathaniel Sever and sophomore Brodie Sodersten will be competing in the Individual Tournaments, on Friday and Saturday at Buchanan high school.

Sodersten is Clovis High boys tennis number one player, and Sever is number two. Sodersten has gone 15-6 this season and Sever has gone 11-10. As a doubles team the two of them have gone 3-2 this season.  

The doubles team has been playing together for two years and feel well prepared to take on the challenges that present themselves at the Individual tournament.

Sever said, “We are very prepared as a team and we are ready to accomplish some big things”

Soderston also commented on both players being ready for individual playoffs.  

“We are pretty ready for individuals. We have been playing against Wyatt (the assistant coach) and other people who are better than us,” Sodersten said. “It doesn’t really matter who we play. We are going to beat them anyways.”

Head coach Dave Lee is proud of the boys for qualifying for individuals, and believes they are ready for postseason competition.

“They have been working hard this season to be the best doubles team in the league and come out on top in the tournament,” Lee said.

“We have been putting a lot of time in practice focusing on doubles, and strengthening the boy’s game.” Assistant coach Wyatt Kershaw has been practicing with the boys, so they can have more experience playing tough and experienced teams.

“ I am seeing a lot of good things on the court so far. Of course they have some areas that they need to work on, but for the most part I am happy with what i’ve been seeing. They communicate really well with each other. That is an important part of playing doubles,” Kershaw said.