2018 Danny Awards

Jordyn Ohashi, Reporter

May is packed with many exciting events for the students of Clovis Unified. For the seniors May 1st marks the deadline to choose your college. AP testing occurs in the beginning weeks of May. The end of school approaches fast and everyone is anxious to leave. Amidst all of this craziness this month is the host for an important event for the drama departments of CUSD, The Danny Awards.

On Tuesday, May 15th the all of CUSD’s drama departments came together at the MET to hold a special awards ceremony.  The main awards given out included: best actor-musical, best actress-musical, best supporting actor-musical, best supporting actress-musical, best featured actor-musical, best featured actress-musical, best student director, etc.

Each school had at least one nominee that was chosen for their performance/part in a production put on this year. The nominees were then chosen by people who went to all the shows. In order to vote voters had to attend a majority of the productions in order to accurately chosen a winner. An exception to this was the plays since the Nerd has yet to be seen by the Danny judges so they have yet to be awarded.

From Clovis High many of our drama kids were nominated and won. The winners from Clovis High included: Cole Linford (best actor), Serena Myers (best actress), Luke Colvard (best supporting actor), Autumn Anderson (best supporting actress), Isaac Guidino (best featured actor), and Sunny DeCastro & Abigail Nicholson (directors award).

Congratulations to all of our awardees and the Clovis High Drama Department for another wonderful year of productions.